20 October 2009

Memory making and observations

Before I forget to share these stories, I better just write them down!!  Sometimes it is difficult to take the time to put these into words... waiting for the right amount of time/energy to blog or to download accompanying photos.  Alas... in no particular order:

  • We had a wonderful weekend together - Evey and mommy time.  Since I finished the project that i have been working on since returning to work after having Evey, I had a whole weekend to focus on Evelyn!!  We went to a pumpkin patch and an apple orchard on Saturday with cousin Eli.  The two kids were so cute together!  Eli pulled the wagon with all of our pumpkins as we later found out, he was pulling 43 pounds!  Evey got a kick out of playing in the haybales, holding the indian corn and lounging with the pumpkins.  Afterwards, we went to the Apple Orchard in Stillwater and Evelyn got to try Apple oatmeal cookies and honeycrisp apples.  We checked out the animals in the petting zoo - miniature horses, a goat, fluffy sheep and a donkey.  Evey's favorite activity was climbing around her stroller, practicing standing up and watching all the other kids run around.
  • Auntie Cat was in town for the weekend and we went on a Sunday Outing down to Red Wing to take in all the beautiful fall weather and changing leaves along the St. Croix river valley.  We walked around town, shopped, chatted and had a great time catching up.  For future reference, Evelyn is enthralled by puppets and I think that would make a great Birthday or Christmas gift for her!!
  • Grandpa came home on Friday and we spent the afternoon/evening visiting with him and Grandma Karen and the dogs.  It was great to have him home and Evey was on great behavior and enjoyed creeping along the couch, reaching up to the dresser buffet, playing with duplos and being chased (overtaken?) by the dogs.
  • Since it was such nice weather this weekend and we had just picked up pumkins for Halloween, i took the opportunity to dress Evey in her Halloween costume and take pictures outside!  She was so darn cute as a little tiger!  It was so sweet to see her wear the costume for the rest of the afternoon and crawl around, looking just like a little tiger!  She found her tail and had fun pulling it forward (figuring out that it was attached).
  • Evey will now play "how big is Evey" SO BIG - throwing her arms up in the air and then following up with clapping.  She will do this to strangers - when they smile at her I'll say "say hello, Evelyn" and she'll wave and then show them how big she is!!  SOOO CUTE!
  • She is very cuddly and will burrow and snuggle her head into my (or daddy's) shoulder.  Sometimes this is a sign of affection when we pick her up from daycare or mommy comes home from work.  Sometimes this is a "I'm sleepy but don't want to stop playing... but I'm sleepy" gesture.  It is very endearing and sweet.
Whew!  I think those are the memories and stories right on the tip of my mind!  I'll follow up with pictures next time!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...