This little lady is learning to run!! She loves the freedom of being able to walk on her own instead of being carried or confined to a stroller. As soon as we are out on the sidewalk, away she goes down the block. I have to factor in an extra five minutes to my travel time as I let her run first one way and then the other before steering her towards the car.
Today we played a toddler version of keep away... Evelyn would venture in one direction and just as would catch up to her and run ahead (okay... I was trying to take a picture of her) she would spin around on a dime and head the other way from me. You could hear her giggles and laughter as she half walked/half skipped away.
She's moving way faster now! I barely have time to react and she's off and around the corner. Her coordination hasn't quite caught up with the desire to move quickly. There have been plenty of spills, skinned knees, sidewalk burns and the latest - a bloody lip. I do think that the new pair of shoes help her out - they aren't as clunky as her little sneakers. As Ian said, she used to know how to catch herself when she would fall while walking... now, her momentum just carries her forward in to a face plant.
18 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment