19 August 2010

Updates and favorites

It's been too long again... ach, where does the time go? 

So let's see where I left off... we finally had our first outing away from Evelyn over night.  She slept over at cousin Eli's house - they had a fabulous time making a great mess of the living room, pulling out every single puzzle and swimming.  We had a nice time at my cousin's wedding and got to enjoy the evening a little later.  Note to self though: do not stay up until 4am and then expect to be awake enough the next day for an energetic  20 month old!

I also think that we have started to get to the "almost terrible two" stage.  She's starting to be more clingy and is very specific about who she wants to be held by and for how long.  Sometimes she will be super attached to her aunts or sometimes prefer mommy vs. daddy.  She's also started  to test her limits with us.  While I see this as positive exploration of boundaries and the world, I am not so sure I am ready for the discipline and time-outs that will be following soon.  Aww... our little gal is growing up.

Time for a few of my favorite things (brought to you by the letter "B" and the number "3":
  1. Bug - My new nickname for Evey.  She's sometimes as cute as a bug in a rug... sometimes as busy as a bee... little love bug... it fits!  Every time she sees a butterfly, dragonfly, bee, ant or housefly (or a picture of such insect), she immediately says "bzzz".
  2. BRRR - Her new word for ice cream.  She'll look at Grandma and say "brrr" while signing the word for "more" or "want".   So cute, how can you resist?
  3. Bye-bye - her latest facination with telephones.  She will pick up her play phone and say "-ello, lo?  babble, babble... mommies... okay, bye-bye." and blow a kiss and hang her phone up.  I guess she gets this from watching us on the phone.  Last week she picked up her watermelon rind and started using it as a telephone - what an imagination!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...