22 June 2009

Swimming and Swinging... Summer begins!


Summer has officially begun and our little six month old is a busy little girl! We had so much fun this weekend!!! Evey started her swimming class on Thursday. She is now a Water Baby - we already knew that though! She did a fantastic job with kickey, kickey and swimming for the shark toy. I think it took me longer to get comfortable... how should I hold her, do I hold her head up... she's a natural!! Friday was our first real trip to the park and playground. We met up with some of the kids from her ECFE school - our summer play group. It was fun to watch the older kids (18-24 month olds) toddling around and playing on the play equipment. I took Evey on the big person swing and she thought that was pretty cool - plus a great vantage point to watch everyone! Afterwards we took a few rides down the kiddy slide and finally built up the courage to try the baby swing. She had an absolute ball! I think I know where we will be from now on!

Jazz fest Friday night in downtown Saint Paul was fun, even though it started to rain and it was way past her bedtime. We had fun visiting with friends. Evey takes to other kids and other people really well! She is facinated by other little people - reaching up and touching faces and toes... exploring her world. Other kids are like live picture books!
Evey is also a budding little artist! She created her first collection of finger paints and gave them away for Father's day. We call this "The Aquarium Series No. 1, 2, 3". I had everything set up as soon as Ian left for his Father's day round of golf - newspaper on the floor, tv tray stand set up in the middle of the kitchen floor... Evey in her disposable diaper and the kitchen sink ready for a painted baby. She had so much fun swishing her hands around in the paint and managed to keep her hands out of her mouth and on the canvas!!!

One last cute picture... Evey feeding herself peaches... and managing to get most of it in her mouth. The other half of the peaches are happily splattered on her bib, the kitchen floor, her elephant toy and a little rubbed in to her hair!! Happy six month/half year birthday!! So many new things!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...