We are on the verge of many new milestones... Evey seems so close to crawling. She spends lots of time on her tummy and will work at reaching for the toy she is interested in. She'll roll and roll and roll and rotate around until she gets to her toy.
She's been using solid objects to give her leverage to spin around or push away. I will set her down in her crib, turn to grab a toy and she's already twisted and rolled into a different position. She made me laugh today when I was changing her... she was in her crib and diaperless and I reached down to grab her new diaper and when I looked up again she had twisted herself around and pushed herself up in to a pseudo-crawling position with her bare bum sticking straight up into the air. She kept shaking her bum to the music and twisted back and forth until I finally lifted her up and repositioned her on her new diaper. Funny girl!!
I came home to a very happy baby today. She was waiting at the door for me and laughed and giggled and cooed and covered me in kisses. The most joyous greeting ever!!
It was a busy weekend as we celebrated my 30th birthday with family and friends!!! It was a spectacular day - sunny, warm with a breeze, relaxing!!! Everyone had a chance to see Evelyn and watch her roll around on the picnic blankets all afternoon. She was in amazing spirits in spite of her cold/ear infection/hives. We are very lucky parents!!
No comments:
Post a Comment