09 July 2009

Mama dada lala baba!


So many new things going on with Evey!!! She is beginning to babble more and more. It's so fun to sit back and listen to her chatter away. She's trying new sounds almost every day. Sometimes I think she is expressing things to us, sometimes she is just chattering away or talking to herself and her animals.




When we were up north for the 4th, Ian and I played a round of golf with Grandpa. Grandma watched Evey all morning and when we came home they were waiting for us on the porch. Grandma said Evey was really excited to see us pull up to the house and said "mamama, papapa".






She's now saying dada. Ian is thrilled! I was preparing a bedtime bottle for Evey while Ian was changing her and getting her ready for bed. I heard them talking over the monitor and thought it was a cute conversation to tape... during their "talking time" Evey said Dada and Ian was so happy to hear her say it. "Erin, did you hear that?! If you are listening, she said DADA!!"


Lala is Ian's nickname for her and she has begun to say lala... as if she is referring to herself as lala. Mama... lala baba.






Poor little dolly has a cold and wasn't feeling well today. I spent all evening holding her, comforting her, rocking her. She finally fell asleep at 9:30 even though I know she was tired before that. She doesn't really have a fever, but her nose and eyes are runny and her eyes are puffy. She would look up at us with sad, runny eyes... saying comfort me... yet still try to smile at my kisses and tickle toes. Pobrecita!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...