09 July 2009

Swimming like a little Northern Fishy, Fish!


Evey started swimming lessons last month! I'm not sure who has more fun - Daddy or Evey. It's really cute to watch. She is so comfortable in the water... our little water baby! She is learning to blow bubbles in the water, hold her breath under water momentarily ( I was suprised to hear that they have taught the babies to do this), "swim, kick and splash" towards toys in the water... on her back and front!

When we were up at Lake Superior for the Fourth of July weekend, we spent the afternoon at the beach. It was a nice hot day - perfect for dipping toes into the lake and building the courage to jump all the way in! Grandpa kept saying he was going to dunk her into the water... I'm sure he would have too!

I decided to take matters into my own hands and dangled her over the water. The waves lapped to shore and trickled past her toes... no flinching or screaming from Evey... she started to kick, kick, kick...

I held her a little closer to the water and she continued to kick while reaching out with her arms to splash. Finally, I let her float in the water and stand in the sand. She had a blast!!

We truly have a Northern baby!!

Oh yeah... and she is definitely Scottish/Swedish... she tried a bite of fish at the fish fry and loved it. Banged her spoon on the table and wanted more. We fed her little bits of salmon later in the weekend and again, she loved it! Her irish heritage has also shown through - mashed potatoes are another favorite!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...