We have a tall task of working on Evey's weight gain... she is definitely a tall, skinny little girl but not gaining as much weight as she should. Maybe she metabolizes like her dad... maybe she is not getting enough milk... maybe the nuk causes sucking confusion.
I'm feeling a bit anxious about it and trying to get sleep, eat more (and more often) to make sure I can provide enough milk. We started supplementing an extra bottle of pumped milk. That seemed to help at night. Now we are also adding an ounce of formula in the afternoon and evening. It almost made me cry though, giving her formula. In the end, it is for the best.
Grow baby, grow!!
I'm feeling a bit anxious about it and trying to get sleep, eat more (and more often) to make sure I can provide enough milk. We started supplementing an extra bottle of pumped milk. That seemed to help at night. Now we are also adding an ounce of formula in the afternoon and evening. It almost made me cry though, giving her formula. In the end, it is for the best.
Grow baby, grow!!
1 comment:
A lot of my friends are either pregnant or just had a baby here in Pittsburgh and they all say this is all very normal. One suggested to pump after feeding to allow your body to "know it should produce more". Love love, can't wait to visit again.
Post a Comment