03 March 2009

First (Real) Day of Daycare!


As I was waiting for the bus home yesterday, someone asked me how things were with the new baby and being back to work. My response: I can't imagine life without her... now I have to re-imagine life with her.

I went back to work on Monday. Evey is officially in daycare now.

Ian was home on Monday so he helped out with the morning routine. I woke up (on time) at 6am and started to get myself ready. Evey woke up about 6:15 so I fed her, held her, hugged her and continued feeding her for the next 45 minutes or so. I let Ian sleep until almost 6:45 and had him run around gathering last minute diaper bag additions and make me a cappuccino. We had to be out of the house by 7:15 and we hit the target pretty close! We tried a new route to the daycare and made it in 11 minutes. Not bad!

Again, Evey was sweet and smiley when we dropped her off! I called daycare later in the day to see how she was doing and Joanne said she was doing great and she is her favorite! I'm sure she tells all new moms that... either way it was great to hear.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...